Monday, November 12, 2007

Can this book save me from "chaotic thought"?

I mean this: Feynman's Rainbow, A Search for Beauty in Physics and in Life..

I guess probably not, but anyway, just give it a try.. It is a story between the author and Feynman, the most popular physicist after Einstein.. The author was searching for the what-to-do -- he was so confused after getting his PhD -- so he went to Feynman, and amazingly, was well-received..... by a dying Feynman in his last 7 years.....

I hope this book can impact me more than "Tuesdays with Morrie".. The reasons why I am so pleased with that book are, as I can recall, that Morrie gave two very good suggestions which I interprete as follows:
1. do not work for some organizations that hurts human rights in the long run (不要助紂為虐)
2. if you are unpleased with the established culture, don't try to attack it, create your own (I can't help attacking it, though)

There are some other points I agree, of course, but those are less influential on my thought..

No comments: